Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My new calling...and I LOVE it!!!

So, at the first part of September, I was called to be the new BEEHIVE Advisor. The bishop said he wasn't sure if it would be too much for me, with my dad just passing away, but he felt like I was needed there. I was actually really excited (and a little nervous too) I was only in YW's a short time, right before I got divorced, but I LOVED it!

I have loved team teaching with Paul but I am ready to be busy, like I was in RS. I think my life runs a little more smoothly or I feel closer to Heavenly Father, when I am serving others. I have really needed a BIG push to serve, since I have been slacking on it lately.....AND I get to be around a lot of girls....I NEED that too. My house gets a little too wild and crazy for me sometimes, with all that testosterone.

"My" beehives are SO sweet! A few of them came up to me on my first day in YW's and gave me hugs and told me they were excited to have me in there. Some of their parents even told me that were excited that I would be teaching their daughters. That made me feel really good and a little less nervous. It seems like FOREVER since I was that young, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to relate to their problems, that none of them would talk during my lessons or that they might even hate me. All of them are so cute and sweet though, and it has been so much fun. I love the other women I serve with too, they are so great with the girls and have really neat relationships with them. I hope that I can be a leader like the ones I grew up with, I had a lot of fun with them and looked up to them as great examples.

We had a FUN Halloween party for one of the activites, here are some pictues: (oh, I mean they will be posted shortly)

2 comments:

akagi79 said...

You are the perfect person for the job!! Your so fun and the perfect example!!

Mindy said...

I am so glad that you love it. You are a wonderful example and have great advice!!!