Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Friday, November 13, 2009

Conference Weekend and Park City

































My posts are still out of order but at least I am getting them posted, right? Paul and I took the boys up to Park City for Conference weekend (which was the first part of October not all the way back here, after Halloween) The place we stayed, had an indoor/outdoor pool, a basketball court, playground, arcade and a bunch of other activities going on. We spent most of our time in the pool and hot tub and played basketball a few times. Oh and I guess the boys were at the arcade a bunch...

It was nice to be able to watch Conference and have all those fun things to do, when we were not watching it. I love to hear the Prophet and leaders of the church! I always feel renewed after listening to their counsel, I feel like I can take on any challenge that comes my way (I hope saying that doesn't jinx me) This Conference, I couldn't help but feel like the counsel was centered a lot around the FAMILY, that we need to show more appreciation for those we love, to ask for help in serving our families, to seek guidance from the Lord in how to love our family members, and to do work for those family member that have gone before us.














One of the talks that really stuck out to me was the one that President Eyring gave. Here is a quote from it: "I give counsel to husbands and wives. Pray for the love which allows you to see the good in your companion. Pray for the love that makes weaknesses and mistakes seem small. Pray for the love to make your companion’s joy your own. Pray for the love to want to lessen the load and soften the sorrows of your companion."

Maybe this stuck out to me because I haven't been the sweetest wife lately....and knew I needed to be more grateful for all the Paul does. I took President Eyring's challenge and prayed to see the good in Paul and to not dwell on the bad things....(Paul has SO many good qualities but sometimes I forget about them when I am grumpy, so I decided to pray when I wasn't feeling so appreciative of him)
I'm not going to lie and say that I have done a whole 360 but when I am praying for the things President Eyring was talking about, I feel so much more peace and grattitude. Paul is soooooo great at serving others, he LOVES the Gospel and strives to be a better person every day, he loves my family......(and sooo much more) All of these things are SO important to me but I forget how important they are to Paul too and how good he is at doing those things....





















I loved Elder Bednars talk also, especially when he said, "We should remember that saying “I love you” is only a beginning. We need to say it, we need to mean it, and most importantly we need consistently to show it. We need to both express and demonstrate love. President Thomas S. Monson recently counseled: “Often we assume that [the people around us] must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know. . . . We will never regret the kind words spoken or the affection shown. Rather, our regrets will come if such things are omitted from our relationships with those who mean the most to us”

Especially over the last few months, I have realized even more how important this is. I am going to try harder to let those that I love, know it and hear it often. My family, all of them, are so important to me but I know they need to know that......
































No comments: