Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

KAIDEN IS TWELVE!!!

Kaiden turned twelve on October 9th!! I can't believe he is that old!! I think I say that every year but really, twelve is HUGE!!! I couldn't skip my tradition to decorate his room but I forgot everything at work so had to improvise. Paul was pretty sure Kaiden wouldn't feel bad if I stopped doing that, since he is getting older. I knew I would though, so I got the spiral-hangy-things that my friend Letecia used for my birthday, my tape and my bar stool (that I had fallen off a few days before) and went to work on Kaiden's room. I had to wait until he was in a REAL deep sleep, sneak in and then run out because he kept waking up. I did this about a dozen times throughout the night, but finally got it done (without falling off the stool).

I think for a little while, a few years back, I dreaded Kaiden turning TWELVE. He used to complain about going to church (I think I have written about this before). I told him if he still felt that way when he turned twelve, he could stay home if he wanted to. I'm not sure what I would have done if he still felt that way, but luckily he likes going to church and we haven't fought about it in years. Actually, I was really proud of him a few months before his birthday because of a decision he made......

We had been talking about him going to Young Men's, receiving the priesthood, passing the sacrament and other stuff, the weeks before. He went to his dad and asked him if he could come home on Sundays, the weekends he was with him. It was so neat that he did it on his own, without me saying anything. His dad was ok with it at first but now isn't sure about it, so Kaiden hasn't been to church evey week. Hopefully soon, his dad will realize how important it is to Kaiden and start letting him come home. I haven't dreaded Kaiden turning twelve, the last few years, except for the fact that it meant I was getting older too..

For his birthday, Paul and I took Kaiden and a bunch of his friends up to Classic Skating. I was so excited because I got half off gift certificates on the internet, it made it SO CHEAP!!! They got pizza, ice cream, game tokens and 3 hours unlimited Lazer Tag, skating, Blast Zone, bounce house and any of their other activities. Kaiden got to spin a prize wheel and go into one of those cash booths (where the cash flies all over inside and you try to catch it) I think everyone had a good time. Kaiden said it was his best birthday ever (I think he says that every year)

On Sunday, Kaiden's grandpa (and grandma) came from Idaho to ordain him a Deacon. It is so neat that he has the Priesthood now. I cried when they called him up in sacrament because I am so proud of the neat little boy he has turned out to be. My mom came to sacrament with us. (and then came back for Kaiden to be ordained)It was kind of a weird day because the last time she was there, my dad was there too, that made me really emotional (and my mom too) My cute husband was so sweet to comfort both of us.(Things like that make me love him even more)

Kaiden's grandpa came up to me after sacrament and told me thank you for raising Kaiden to be the good young man that he is, for raising him in the Gospel and for being a good example to him. His grandma also told me that I did a good job raising him. That meant a lot to me....

After the full block, Kaiden received the Priesthood. That is so neat to me. I am so thankful that Paul was able to stand in with the bishop and Kaiden's grandpa. I am so grateful for the Priesthood, I have seen it work many miracles throughout my life and I am so excited that Kaiden has it now.

I wasn't able to get a picture of Kaiden in his Sunday clothes because he was wisked off to do fast offerings and then went with his dad. I have pics of his birthday and will post them soon.....

3 comments:

Dessa Mae said...

Kaiden is such a wonderful young man. We are all proud of him!

Potters said...

Happy Birthday Kaiden! What a great part of your life watching your son be old enough to pass the sacrament and take part in such special things. You have done a great job of raising him.

Birding is Fun! said...

Well done Kaiden and mom!