Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'M tHaNKfUL FoR....

I have soooo many things to be Thankful for but most importantly, The Gospel, my family (that includes Paul's family too), my great friends, the wonderful ward I live in, my job (that has been such a blessing from the day I got it) and our health (I won't say anything more about our health because I might jinx us :)

We had a really good Thanksgiving! We spent all day at my mom's and at the end of the night I realized that we hadn't stopped over to Paul's mom's and dad's. They knew we weren't going to be able to come to dinner because we would be helping my mom and having dinner at her house, but we were planning on going over after. I felt soooo bad.... I was pretty tired from staying up later than usual the nights before so I was kind of tired throughout the day and my brain wasn't thinking as good as it usually does. (My dad or Paul would probably make some funny joke about this comment)

As it got later, the girls put on some old home movies upstairs while the guys played video games downstairs. I think I fell asleep a few times and the night got later.......I think Paul was having fun and neither one of us realized how late it had gotten. When We were getting ready for bed, I said "Oh my gosh! we didn't go over to your mom's and dad's." Paul said it was fine, that he knew we needed to be with my mom. (I had been feeling bad that we weren't going to be able to go to his families Thanksgiving, because we have gone to both since we got married. He kept telling me that it was more important that we were with my family this year...That's just another reason why I love him......)

Thanksgiving was one of my dad's favorite holidays. He LOVED getting the dressing ready weeks before by drying the bread out on the counter. My mom wondered why he didn't just put it in the oven the day before but he liked doing it his way. Everyone LOVED his dressing. I'm not the biggest dressing fan, so I didn't know any better. I always took a little though, because I knew what my dad put into it to make it. He never used a recipe, just added canned milk, broth, lots of different spices, the dried bread and a bunch of other stuff. My mom tried to make it this year but it was pretty hard without a recipe. I think it turned out pretty good though, I tried a little just like I used to with my dad's.....It was a good day but different and sad without my dad...I think things will always be different now...

1 comment:

akagi79 said...

They will be different, but it will get better! You are so good to your MOM!! I bet she is so thankful to have you!!