Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Friday, February 5, 2010

Random November Happenings

Since I am SO behind, I didn't think it would hurt to add some of the things we did in November. So here you go..... Some of my friends and I went to the New Moon movie. We weren't as die hard as some and skipped staying up through the midnight premier, but went the next day instead. I thought the movie was better than the first and even made some "oohs and Aaahs" just so I could be like everyone else in the theater.




















I got some tickets from my boss to go to a dinner and comedian through "The Mayor's Art Series" (not sure if that's what it was called but it was something like that.) Anyway, Paul asked me to find out if we needed to dress up so I called the city. They said that it was just casual, so that's how we went....Well, needless to say, we were VERY UNDER DRESSED for the dinner. It was a small dinner for about 50 people, one being the Mayor and a bunch of other politicians and their wives, who were all dressed in suits and nice dresses. We felt very out of place but we stayed since the Mayor came right up to us and invited us to sit at his table (I think he wanted me to put in a good word with my boss :)

JJ and Debbie couldn't make it in time for the dinner but met us right before the comedian. They would have LOVED the food but it was so awful having to sit with a table full of BORING politicians. All of them were really nice, except for this one guy that thought it was weird that I worked. He even asked me why I worked. Seriously!!! How do you answer that? "Well, we aren't rolling in the dough like you, so I can't sit home and eat bon bons like your wife." I just told him that I like what I do. I was a little ticked though because he asked me twice. Oh well, the food was DELICIOUS

The comedian was one of the best I have ever seen. Paul thought I was going to pass out from laughing so hard. Mostly he did impersonations of singers like Elton John, Bob Dillon, Michael Jackson, Tiny Tim, Nirvana and a ton of others. All of them were right on the nail with a twist of comedy to them. We had center section, second row seats so our view was perfect. It was a fun night, even with the dinner with the politicians. (oh, I think the lady at the city must have thought that I only had tickets to the comedian and that's why she told me it was casual, because the politicians were the ones who were out of plavce their, in their fancy outfits)

1 comment:

Potters said...

Sounds like you had a great November. It was so much fun to go to the movie with you guys. It was so much better than the first one.