Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!



Today is my dad's 64th birthday! He has been gone almost 6 months and it is still so weird to think that he isn't here. I miss him so much! I miss him teasing me all the time, no one does it like my dad! I miss his big deep laugh and not being able to hear his voice, even if it was just hearing him talking downstairs (as weird as that sounds). I wish I could give him a big hug and tell him I love him, one more time.....
It's so crazy though, I see soooo much of my dad in my little brothers. Jesse has a lot of his looks and his funny sense of humor. JJ is so smart when it comes to putting things together, or finding a better solution to fixing things, or coming up with some little contraption to make something work better, just like my dad did. He has a lot of my dad's wisdom too and there have been so many times that something comes out of JJ's mouth and I think, "Oh my gosh, that is my dad talking."
It is neat and sad at the same time...It is neat that all the things my dad taught my brothers, will be carried on in them. I can just imagine the great dads they will be, they had such a great example in my dad....
Tonight we are going to dinner to celebrate his birthday, I think he will be celebrating with us.
Happy Birthday dad, I love you!!

2 comments:

Letecia Franco said...

Very moving Kristen! How blessed you all are to have such a amazing man in your lives forever.

Mindy said...

I hope you have a wonderful time!! Happy Birthday