Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

our crAzY Winter

The day after Christmas I went shopping with my mom and Mandi to get some great after Christmas bargains. While we were eating lunch I got a call from Paul, this is how the call went:
ME "Hey!"
PAUL "Hey babe, have we met the insurance deductible for the year?"
ME (a little hesitant because I don't know what he is asking for) "Umm, I don't know. Probably, it's the end of the year. Why?"
Paul (A little hesitant because he knows he is in trouble) "Umm, I rolled my snowmobile"
ME (not hesitant any more because I know he is teasing me) "Yeah, whatever."
Paul "No really, I rolled my snowmobile and my shoulder is really messed up."
ME (still not upset because I know he is pulling something on me like he always does)"Reeeeally? How bad are you hurt?" (sarcastically)

By this time my mom and Mandi are looking at me really weird because they can tell that something is wrong but can't figure out why I am acting so nonchalant.

PAUL "No I really did. I had the boys on the sled with me and Akoy's goggles got caught on my throttle and I couldn't get them off. I had to throw both of the boys off and I rolled 3 or more times."

At this point I was a little worried but I had fallen for his stories so many times that I didn't know if he was telling the truth or not. I asked him where he was and he told me that he was at our neighbor's. I didn't think that he would be over there if he was THAT hurt so I asked him if I could talk to Amy. When Amy got on the phone she said, "Kristen, he really did roll his snowmobile and he can barely move his left arm."

I felt stupid for not believing him but I was mad at the same time because he is always teasing me about stuff like that and it is never true. My mom, Mandi and I rushed home and my mom and I picked up Akoy and Kove and met Paul at the Instacare. Both of the boys were pretty freaked out because they had been thrown from the sled so it wouldn't roll on them too. They weren't going very fast but it could have been WAY worse. Paul missed a week of work, has had to have a bunch of rehab on his shoulder and still might have to have surgery...Hopefully he has learned his lesson about crying wolf but I doubt it, he likes teasing too much.I'm just glad it wasn't worse...

Just a few days after Paul's snowmobile incident, Brayden went snowboarding for the first time this season and BROKE HIS COLLARBONE!! I got another call from Paul, asking me if Brayden could go to the ER and bypass Instacare because he might have broken his collar bone. I couldn't believe the bad luck we were having and wondered what the 3rd bad accident would be.

Luckily we didn't have a third accident....

No comments: