Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Wheels on the bus go round and round




I have been slacking lately... Actually, I spent almost a week on a bus with my mom, grandma and sister. We went from Independence, Missouri to Nauvoo, Carthage, Iowa, Winter Quarters, Nebraska and everywhere in between. We went on this great church tour and it has taken me a little while to get back to "real life." I think all of us had a really neat experience, had lots of funny things happen to us and learned so much more about what the early Saints had to go through. My friends are bugging me to do a post on my trip so here it is.......Really, I am just going to add pics for now then I will do the rest later. I know, I am such a procrastinator but life is a little busy right now.














This is in front of the Nauvoo temple and yes, our heads are cut off. Mandi and I did a session in the temple and when were done we thought we would have time to see the baptismal font before the bus came, so we ran down and saw it. Well, when we got outside to get on the bus, there was no bus. There wasn't anyone else in our group around, except Mandi and I and this older couple. We knew we had been left.... All of us thought that the bus would come back for us so we wandered around and took a few pitures while we were waiting. The older man that was waiting with us took this pic. When he took it he said, "I couldn't see very well, I'm not sure if I got everything. Take a look." I looked at the picture and oops, we had no heads but I said, "Oh it looks great!" I think that I was nervous because time kept going by and our bus had not shown up yet. I just wanted to hurry up and figure out what we needed to do. So we have this great picture without our heads....
AND NO, the bus never came back to get us!!! After 25 minutes all of us decided to start walking. We knew that we were suppose to be eating at the same park that we had eaten lunch but we really had no idea where it was. We headed down hill because we thought that seemed familiar. As we walked in the 104 degree, muggy heat, I kept thinking, they have to come back for us, didn't anyone notice that we were missing? Why hadn't my mom made them go back? They really can't expect us to find our way around in some town none of us had ever been to, can they? Still, no bus came. I tried calling my mom's cell phone about 50 times but she didnt answer. We even tried knocking on someone's door and joked that they probably knew we were LDS and didn't want to let us in. It was at the same time that Mandi was knocking, that my mom called me back. We were so relieved and thought it was pretty funny when we found out that we were just across the street from the park.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I can just picture you with that little old man telling him the picture was good. Ha Ha so funny!

The Blairs said...

I have been looking for your blog since last night. I seriously couldn't find it and I was getting so mad. But, I have a secret counter thing on my blog and I found you through that. Pretty sneaky huh?

and...

I love your blog. It is so cute. I think I might have to steal your template.

Sarah

Justin and Lori said...

Hey Kristin!
I received your email with your blog. Fun pictures! Fun Trip! I've always wanted to go on a church history tour. I am glad you were able to go with Mandi and your Mom and Grandma! Fun! I hope all is going well for you and your family!

The Warner Family said...

I'm so glad that you told me about this. Now since I never get to see you maybe I can feel like I can keep up with you. What a fun trip for you guys. It sounds like it was a great trip. It was so good to see you today and Paul did an awesome job.
Love ya
Sherie

Mindy said...

I can't wait to go back and see all those sights. ( and get a picture at the temple with my head cut off)I am glad that you had fun, but you can't take off that much work again it was too long.