Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Monday, July 7, 2008

Red, White and Blue

This is a picture especially for Sunny. I promised her I would post a pic of Miley.



Wow We look really spent. (I'll blame it on the real windy night we had)





We had a really fun Fourth of July Holiday!! On Thursday night Paul, Brayden, Kaiden and I went to a BBQ/Waterfight in Paul's old neighborhood. I think over a thousand water balloons were filled, gallons of water was thrown from buckets and watercoolers and squirted from hoses and waterguns. There were over fifty drenched kids (and adults) running all over the place. We had a great BBQ with a lot of delicious food and ended the night with their traditional "Cul-de-sac of Fire" with the biggest "legal" foreworks show I had ever seen. All of us had tons of fun!!

Friday we started the morning off with one of Kaiden's most favorite things to do, PULL WEEDS!!! I'm sure it can't just be my son but Kaiden absolutely hates weeding! I have told him a billion times that if he just got in and did it as fast as he could then it would be done before he even had time to complain. He is getting a lot better but we still have to stay on him so he doesn't take ten drink breaks, or check out the neighbors house too many times and to remind him to snap out of his daydreaming. We were only out there for about an hour (even though to Kaiden, it probably seemed like 6 hours) Our front yard looks great now!! Thanks for all your help Paul and Kaiden!!

We weren't planning on going to the Stadium of Fire but I was lucky enough to get tickets from my boss (I LOVE my job!!!) Kaiden, my mom and I have been going for eight years straight and Kaiden was so excited that all of us (including my mom) were going to be able to go again. He and Brayden weren't so excited that Miley Cyrus was there though. The whole night, Paul kept teasing them about having a crush on her and having a hard time controlling their excitement for Miley to come out. Both of them were getting so mad... I was actually really disappointed in her performance. The sound was so awful and you could barely hear what she was singing. The rest of the night was great though, so I won't complain. I am so grateful to be an American, to have all the freedoms that I do and for all of the men and women who are fighting in other countries.

The rest of the weekend we visited with family, relaxed at home and went out to eat a FEW times (Anyone that knows me, knows that I have a hard time spending money on eating out so this was big for us) Last year at this time, Paul and I had been dating about 2 weeks. We already had our Stadium of Fire tickets so we spent the holiday apart. This was a great "first" Fourth of July for us. I can't wait for many more to come.....
I have a lot of great pictures of the holiday but my home computer is DEAD so I will post them soon...

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so excited that you are blogging. I loved your tag. I am so glad that you are happy. There was nothing better than a huge water balloon fight when you are a young kid. What a fun tradition.

thehansons said...

Since I live just down the street from you and never see you this is a good way for me to see how things are going with you and your cute family. I swore too that blogging was so stupid and I would never do it, but now that I am doing it I love it. I am happy that things are going so well for you guys. Hope to talk to you soon.
Jamie

The Blairs said...

Yea for Hannah Montana!!! Thanks Miss Kristen :)