Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!


I know I am late on this but I can't skip a Mother's day post. I had a REALLY good Mother's Day, (even though Paul and I had to speak in sacrament.) I was a nervous wreck before church because I didn't think that my talk had come together like I wanted it to ( You would think that with a topic like "Mothers," I would have had an easy time but I really had soooo much I could talk about, that I didn't know what I wanted to say.) There was one point, right before sacrament started, that Paul had to grab my hand so I would stop shaking. (That just shows you how bad I hate talking in front of people but I'm so glad that my cute husband was there to hold my hand) My mom, dad, brother, his girlfriend, my grandma and Paul's mom and dad came to support us. I'm so glad they were there, even if at first I was hoping no one would show up (not even anyone in my ward) We made it through our talks though, and I think they turned out pretty good.......I don't know if mine and Paul's personal stories showed just how imperfect we really are, but we had a lot of people come up to us and tell us that they enjoyed our talks and that they didn't make them feel bad or guilty or like they were being preached to. I guess that's a good thing, right?

After church, Paul, Kaiden and I went to dinner, over to my mom's and dad's and then to Paul's mom's and dad's. It was a really nice day and what a better thing to celebrate than being a mom and having the best mom and mother-in-law. I LOVE being a mom!! I think that it is one of the greatest blessings I have been given. Sometimes I think that being a single mom was even a great blessing for me. Instead of having to focus on a husband and other kids, I was able to focus all my energies on being Kaiden's mom. I'm not saying that it was easy and I don't ever want to go back to being single but I think it was a blessing in disguise and a growing experience that I am thankful for. I am so grateful to be Kaiden's mom and a step mom to Brayden, Akoy and Kove. I am so grateful to have the mom that I have and to have her as my best friend. She has been through A LOT with me, I don't know what I would do without her. I have a great mother-in-law too. Paul's mom is so sweet and such a great example to me. Happy Mother's day to all the great Mother's I know!!

No comments: