Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Friday, October 10, 2008

This Old Man....


Okay, Paul really isn't that old. Especially since he is the same age as I am now. (Which is 29 ;o) His birthday was on the 27th (I know, I am almost a month late. I was going to do this great post for him but I have been slacking off on my postings lately.)

I think it was a pretty good birthday for him. ....On Friday night we went to dinner with my family at Outback (I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pics) On Saturday Paul and I woke up REALLY early (for me and a Saturday morning) because Paul had to go to AF hospital and have an MRI. Not the funnest thing to look forward to on your birthday but he has been having some weird neck and chest problems. With the tumor he had on his lung, we don't want to take any chances, so we do what the Dr. says.

It didn't take us that long at the hospital and we were back home around eight. I was SOOO tired that I hopped back in bed. Paul kept teasing me to get up but he ended up sitting on the bed by me and watching tv. I asked him if he wanted me to make him a birthday breakfast. He said , "No that's okay." and then, "Well, I guess you could, what do we have?" I started rattling off "bacon, eggs, pancakes....." and the next thing I knew, I was waking up and it was TEN O"CLOCK!!!! (that's even late for a Saturday) I felt so bad that I had fallen asleep and Paul hadn't gotten anything for breakfast. I asked him if he wanted me to make him something but he had told my dad he would come over and help him with some stuff. He just got a bowl of cereal and went over to my dad's. I felt really bad. I know, I am losing wife points but I did make it up t0 him later in the day....

While Paul was at my dad's I cleaned the house and then my mom and I went to the Holy Cow. I called Paul around noon and he met my mom and I at Kneader's and we had lunch there. Paul REALLY wanted to go golfing. I was not so excited about playing golf. Actually, I haven't played "real" golf before. Since I had bombed on the birthday breakfast I knew I needed to make it up to him some how and so I went along to the golf course....

No comments: