Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Anniversary Part 2

I guess I should write a little about what we did for our anniversary.... Paul made arrangements with my dad to take ALL the boys on the Saturday before. (My dad was SO brave to do that for us) We headed up to ParkCity to stay at the Mountainside Marriott. We stayed there on our honeymoon so it was fun to go back there again.

On our way there, we went up South Fork canyon where Paul's class was having their 15th year reunion. Paul wasn't so sure about going because he had only found out about it two days before and didn't think any of his friends were going. I told him that it wouldn't hurt to stop for a few minutes since it was on our way. He teased me, saying that he knew I really wanted to go, because I LOVE chit-chatting with people and stuff like. (I guess I've been good at fooling him so far because I hate going places where I don't really know anyone.) There were only about 20 or so people there but both of us found a few people we knew and talked to them for awhile. When we left Paul said "See I told you that you love that kind of stuff, you talked to more people than I did and it was my reunion." (I'm still doing a good job at fooling him)

We stopped at Claim Jumper in Heber and had yummy steak and Salmon. For as long as it has been there, that was the first time I had ever eaten there. The crazy thing was, I think the salad was my most favorite part of the dinner. It was all really good but there was something about that salad!!

We got situated in our room at the Marriott and couldn't decide if we should head down to the outdoor hot tubs because the weather was a little over cast. They have 4 or five of most amazing hot tubs ever. I know it sounds stupid but they are so neat. All of them are shaped like rocks and have different waterfalls dropping into them or off of them into another one of the hot tubs. Some of them are out in the open and some are tucked back in, like they are in their own little cave. Anyway, we decided to head out there and hoped that the weather would hold out for us. We got lucky because the weather made it even better. The sky was over cast and we could see lightening off in the distance so it was even a little romantic LOL (There were a lot of people outside with us, so it wasn't THAT romantic) Every once in a while we would get a few sprinkles here and there but it was so toasty in the hot tub that the light rain felt really good. Our luck only held out for an hour or so and the clouds started getting darker and the lightening was getting closer so we decided to go back inside.

Before going back home the next day, we did a little shopping at the outlets and then decided we better make sure that my dad had survived with all the boys. He said that they only had a few incidences but nothing too bad. It was so great to get away with my Hottie husband and even better to go back to one of the places we went on our honeymoon.

2 comments:

The Blairs said...

Sounds like fun. Yall make the cutest couple. I can't picture you without Paul now. He is such a great guy. I'm so happy for you both.

thehansons said...

I am soooo jealous. Jason and I couldn't get away this year for our anniversary. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.