Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Monday, October 20, 2008

Deer Widow's (Scrapbooking) Weekend






This past weekend Paul took Kaiden and Brayden hunting with he and my dad so I had a WHOLE weekend to do WHATEVER I wanted. It's been a LONG time since I've been able to do that, so I made the most of it. On Friday night, some of the girls from work, their friends, my mom and JJ's girlfriend Debbie had a p.j./scrapbook night at my house. We cooked breakfast for dinner, hung out in our p.j.s and scrapped the whole night. It was a lot of fun. I have great friends and family!!
On Saturday I slept in, went shopping and then went to the movie with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. We saw Nights in Rodanthe. I'm still not sure what I think about it though. It was definitely a chick flick and yes, I did cry (I'm such a baby) The girl sitting next to me me was just sobbing and couldn't control herself. I would have handed her a tissue if I had one because I felt so bad for her. It was good and without ruining it, that's all I will say.
Sunday I went to church and found out that I have to teach the RS lesson this Sunday. ( That was never in my description when they called me to be the secretary two years ago) and I am FREAKING out. I can teach anyone under 18 (maybe 12) with no problem BUT I AM NERVOUS enough having to ask someone to say the prayer in RS, LET ALONE TEACH THEM SOMETHING!!!!
To make it even worse, I was getting my newsletter ready for church this last Sunday. I was looking over the lesson that we were going to have, trying to find some songs that would go with it. It was Love letters from Joseph to his family and was pretty much all letters, nothing else. I thought "Wow, that looks like a hard lesson, I wonder how A is going to present it" When I got to church and found out that I was teaching the next Sunday, I also found out that the lessons were switched and I am suppose to teach the letters from Joseph lesson. Aaaaaahhhh!!!
I did go home and try to get some ideas together so hopefully this coming Sunday goes well. I think I am going to pretend the ladies are 5 year olds and see if that works......

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow! What a fun weekend. I haven't had one of those in a long time. ANd I feel so sorry for you. I hate teaching! even the little one in church scare me. I am just great doing my secretary stuff and staying out of site. Let me know how it goes for you.

Mindy said...

You will do great!!! Thanks for the fun scrapbook night!

akagi79 said...

I have faith in you! You will do a great job!(I'm glad I'm not you!LOL!)I hope I never get that opportunity! I think speaking in Stake Conference got me off the hook for a while!! I hope anyway!

Justin and Lori said...

I'll be thinking of you. Nothing has made me more nervous than teaching R.S. Good LUck! I always try to incorporate something in my lessons that requires no talking on my part.

Mandi said...

Thanks for the invite for your own sister!

Mandi said...

oh yeah, I was at "The Happiest Place on Earth" or should I say "busiest place on Earth"? Hopefully you will do it again when I am home...breakfast for dinner doesn't happen a whole lot around here.
As far as your lesson goes, we had that one last week and it was great. There was a lot of participation, have people take turns reading some of the letters outloud and of course there will be lots of comments, how can you not comment on such good love letters?