Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Weekend

We had a pretty busy weekend this last weekend...... My cousin graduated on Friday night so Kaiden and I went to that with my mom. I'm not sure if I am weird but graduations make me cry, like weddings, babies being born and other things like that do. I wasn't sobbing or anything, just a little teary watching the senior video and thinking that these young kids are leaving a part of their life and starting a new chapter, a BIG new chapter.

My mom and I were talking to Kaiden about how fun high school is and we wondered what kind of sports and activities he would do when he was that age and what kind of kid he would be. We told him that he needed to try to be nice to everyone, no matter if they were popular, quiet, smart, not so smart, athletic or not, that he should be friends with everyone. I know it was funny to be talking to him about stuff like that but I sometimes I just think of those kind of things.... When I started thinking of the time when Kaiden graduates, THAT made me cry..... (I'm weird I know)

Akoy had a game later that night so I dropped Kaiden off at his dad's and rushed over to the game. Luckily it started late so I didn't miss too much. Akoy even hit a double, so that was fun to watch.

On Saturday morning we got up too early for a Saturday, to go to our towns Fireman's Breakfast. Akoy and Kove thought it was pretty neat that we got to eat in the fire station and that there were tons of fireman serving them breakfast. Of course we had to take their pictures by the fire truck.

Paul's brother-in-law built a little motorcycle track behind their house so we headed up there after breakfast. Paul was riding as crazy and fast as the boys and got pretty banged up. (I don't think his body is as young as he thinks it is) It was a busy but fun weekend....

No comments: