Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy 29th Birthday To Me!!!

















Okay I'm not really 29 (but I'm not going to remind anyone how old I really am) I wouldn't be writing anything about my own birthday but I had to thank everyone for making it a great day. I woke up to cute Kove and my hotty husband whispering "Happy Birthday," to me at 6:30 in the morning, as they snuck off to the babysitters and work, before I fell back to sleep. My cute little Kaiden woke me up at 7:03 with a tray of cereal and toast for my Birthday Breakfast. The night before, he was being all sneaky and said, "Mom do you eat breakfast before you go to work?"
When I told him I ate at work he said, "Well, if you WERE going to eat at home what time would that be and what would you want? I can make anything but pancakes-IF I was going to make something."
When I said "Wow you can even make french toast?" he replied "Yeah, I could. Well, maybe not"
I told him that I actually LOVED cereal and toast for breakfast, IF someone was going to make something for me. A little while later he said, "Mom do you think you could get me up at seven for something?"
I told him that I might sleep in for my birthday, just joking but I heard him ask Brayden if he could get him up. So at 7:03 Kaiden came sneaking into my room. Luckily I hear him and didnt make any fast moves because he tried setting the tray on my back as I slept. He said, "Happy Birthday! It only took me three minutes to make all this, I'm going back to bed," and he did. What great boys I have!
When I got to work Mindy and Letecia had decorated my office with a banner, balloons, presents and sparkly confetti. They had made me a cake (mmmm, thanks Letecia, it was sooo delicious) and made me wear a birthday tiara, sash and "kiss me, it's my birthday" button all day long. Sarah and Brooke brought me more presents and I got calls from my brothers and mom. Before noon, a dozen pinkish/red roses, a balloon and "boom boom" the monkey were delivered from Paul. My grandma even stopped by to wish my a happy birthday!

Later that night we went to Market Street Grill was my dad, sis, brother-in law and cute nieces and nephew. It was soooo good. On Saturday my mom, Mandi and I went up to Gardners Viallage and spent the day shopping. Oh I LOVE to shop it was a lot of fun. Thanks mom and Mandi!!

It turned out to be a really great birthday even though I was so dreading turning a year older. Thanks everyone for making it so great!!

7 comments:

akagi79 said...

I think I will stay 29 with you! The closer I get to those bigger birthdays the more sure I am that 29 is the best age!

Jessica said...

I was thinking about you all day on Friday. I am glad you had a great birthday. I can't believe we ar ethe same age. How crazy is that!

Potters said...

It was a lot of fun celebrating your birthday and making you wear silly things. I'm glad it was a good one.

The Blairs said...

Kaiden is so funny. I can totally picture him doing that. He crack me up.

Glad you had a good birthday. 29 is a great age :)

The Blairs said...

Well, I meant to say he CRACKS me up, and I don't know how to edit a comment, so I'll just leave another one.

Mandi said...

hey you forgot to say that you got a "Happy Birthday Eve" phone call from your best sister in the whole world!! plus I did call you on your big day as well...you might not have your gift from me yet, but you know it is coming!!!

I hope you had the greatest day ever!!

warnerfam said...

Hey beautiful! I love you more and more everyday, Thank you for a great year and for my b-day, The best thing that you gave me was your time thanks and know that you are loved! Paul