Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

They dug our hole!!!!!

I have kind of put off writing anything about selling our house and building our new one because I wasn't really sure what was going to happen, but things are moving kind of quickly. We had an offer on our house about a month ago that was SOOOO low that it kind of made me upset. We made a counter offer that seemed pretty reasonable and was a lot less than what we were asking but the people didn't take it. Oh well, I wasn't going to give my house away.

A few weeks later, around the first part of April, Paul and Kaiden were home during the day when this couple, their 2 daughters and their realtor dropped by. (Our realtor just assumed we wouldn't be there and that we always kept our house clean, so it wouldn't be a problem for them to come through on short notice) I was embarrassed because the house wasn't really that clean. It must have been clean enough for them though, because a few days later they sent an offer to our realtor. Their offer was pretty much the same amount that we had counter offered on the first really low stupid offer, so we agreed to all of it besides the earnest money amount.

We have a closing date of May 13 and things seem to be falling into place (I am still crossing my fingers, because you never know) The appraiser came out last Thursday and OUR BUILDER DUG OUR HOLE YESTERDAY!!! I am still nervous because a few people have told me how they thought they had their houses sold and then things fell through or the appraisal didn't come in where they needed it to etc.

***I didn't finish my post when I started it, so I will now...(Today is the 13th of May) We aren't closing on our house today but hopefully in one week. I guess FHA is so backed up with everyone who made the April 30th deadline to get the 8,000 grant. The realtor working with the people buying our home has reassured us that everything is looking good but they just have to wait for the underwriters etc to do their thing. I am actually pretty calm considering everything going on right now (I know,, pretty unbelievable)

We have most of our house packed up and stored at my mom's house. Paul, Kaiden and Brayden have been SO great to get all the heavy things moved over there. I feel like a loser for not being able to help them lift things but I want to be careful too, so I just pack things up and they move everything.

Paul, Kaiden and I are going to stay at my mom's and Brayden will be up at my in-law's house for the next 3-4 months while our house is being built. Hopefully it will be three months, just in time for the baby...The foundation is suppose to be poured today, we'll see how that goes. I'm still crossing my fingers and praying that the people close on our house soon....

3 comments:

Mindy said...

oh that is so great!!!! It will all work out!

Potters said...

Wow that is awesome that you will be closing on the sale of your house. It is good for the boys to have to do all the heavy lifting and for you to just pack the stuff. I can't wait to see how your new house turns out.

akagi79 said...

YEAH!! Now lets cross our fingers they get it finished in time for this little girl to join the family!