Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Monday, May 24, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day! It was kind of a busy week trying to get things packed, just in case things went through with the people that were trying to buy our house, that Paul didn't have time to go on his own or with Kaiden to get me anything, so he took me along. He spoiled me and got me a gift certificate for a pedicure, a cute diaper bag that I had been eyeing and a huge body pillow so I can try to sleep better. What a cute husband I have to think of those things for me! Kaiden was with his dad for the weekend but came home on Sunday morning and I got breakfast in bed (It was either Captain Crunch or Life, which have been my breakfast staples for the last 6 months because they don't make me sick;)

We went and visited both of our moms after church and Paul's sweet mom even made dinner for us. My mom had been talking about how she wanted to get some trees for the back yard, so Mandi, JJ, Jesse and I thought that would be a good thing to get her. We had the hardest time getting her to say what she really wanted so we didn't know what to do. JJ ran all over trying to find something that she might like but in the end he thought it might be better to get something else or a gift certificate so she could pick out exactly what she wanted. He came up with an even better idea to make a money tree for her. For all the grand kids birthdays and even our birthdays growing up, my mom has come up with some really cute ways to give us money. She has done a money tree for most of our kids, that they have just loved, so to make a money tree for her what such a cute idea. So that's what we did, actually JJ made the money tree from scratch and it turned out really cute.

I am so grateful that I have the chance to be a mom, I think it is one of the greatest blessing ever! I love being Kaiden's mom, helping him and watching him grow up has been one the neatest things in my life. I am so excited to be a new mom again I can't wait for this new little girl to get here!! (well, I don't want her to come too early) I have the best examples of mothers in my life in my mom, mother-in-law, family and great friends. I hope that I can be half the mom that mine is. I love that she is my best friend and that I can talk to her about anything. She is so strong, she has been through SO much and is still going through a lot but she is coming out on top. She has taught me that that's what you do in adversity. I admire her and love her so much!!!





















Kaiden was bugged that we took him from their game of football, to take our picture, so he hurried and took it without making sure that all of us were looking. So, this is the picture we got with all of the girls......

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy Mothers Day! You are a great Mother! That was a great gift idea for your mom.

akagi79 said...

I love your tummy!!!