Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We have some EXciTiNG news!!!!

It isn't that we have sold our house (but hopefully now, we will sell it SOON) For those that don't already know, we are having a BABY!! All of the boys are really excited (I guess I wouldn't call Brayden excited but he IS a teenager) Kaiden, Akoy, and Kove are hoping for a girl. (and secretly I am too but I don't want to jinx us so I'm trying not to think about it too much) The other day, Kove said, "Kristen we REALLY need a girl, cause there are sooooo many boys in our family! How many girls do we need to equal the boys? Dakota (our dog) is even a boy, so that's A LOT more girls that we will need, huh?" (I don't think we will try to come close to evening out the boy to girl ratio but that was cute that he thought of that:)

My due date was the day after my birthday but it was pushed back to the 30th (which is my nephew Mckay's birthday) I am crossing my fingers that this baby will even make it to August instead of July, since Kaiden was 7 weeks early. It is a little scary that because I had problems with Kaiden, there is a good chance that the same thing will happen with this baby. My doctor said that there isn't really much I can do, just take it a little more easy than normal, so that's what I will try to do.

I knew I was getting "older" but it just makes it sink in a little more when I am told that there are greater risks of complications, like down syndrome etc. I know a lot of "mature" moms that have had perfectly healthy babies. (How about all the "older" celebreties lately?) So, I am not going to stress about it and just keep praying for a healthy baby.

On April 16 we will find out if the baby is a boy or a girl. Paul just "knows" it's a girl but I think that's because he wants one just as bad as the rest of us do. I think he will be a great dad to a little girl, he was soooo cute with my niece Avery when we barely got married (and is still so cute with her) I hope the next few weeks go by fast.....

6 comments:

The Blairs said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for all of you, and I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. Do you have any names picked out?

Mindy said...

Yeah I am so so so happy for you I hope that it is a girl too :)

Potters said...

Congrats, I am so excited for you. I was wondering how long it would take after I quit to hear that great news. I can't wait to hear what you are having! I'll have to stop by the office for a visit some time.

Justin and Lori said...

Congratulations!!! I am soo happy for you and your family!!!

Amber Culp Family said...

Wow, that is the greatest news ever! I am so happy for you, you deserve it, and I will send you some good girl vibes.

warnerfam said...

Thanks everyone!! We need lots of those girl vibes :) Sarah we have a bunch of names but we haven't really narrowed down any of them.