Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Birthday

Kaiden's and Brayden's first day of school was before my birthday but I added all my pics before I realized that I hadn't done that post yet. I'm too lazy to delete all these pictures and then wait for them to upload, SO the First Day of School post will follow.....Sorry

It would have been ok with me to skip my birthday all together, with everything that happened with my dad. My great family and friends had other ideas though.....

I missed about a week of work being at the hospital with my dad, funeral arrangements and being with my family. When I came back to work on the Friday before my birthday, my wonderful friend Letecia and her cute kids had decorated my office. All the girls at work pitched in and gave me lots of fun presents, a cake AND a ticket to Nickelback!!!! so I could go with Letecia, her sister and her friends. I was SO excited!!! Marci came and visited me and work and gave me one of the best gifts ever!! A cook book that she made with her's and her families recipes AND 3 frozen meals. I know it sounds funny, but I was sooo excited. I have been waiting forever to get some of Marci's recipes in a book, she is such a great cook. The frozen meals were a bonus!!! One of my best friends growing gave me the cutest FaMiLY plate a few days before my b-day and it is just perfect! I LOVE all my friends, (and Paul's friends and their wives) they have been so great through everything.

We weren't going to do anything big on my birthday but Paul thought my mom might want us to bring cake over to her house, instead of inviting everyone over to ours, since my mom didn't really want to go anywhere. She thought it was a great idea, so we picked up a cheese cake and had a small, low key party. JJ and his girlfriend were so great to pick up some some balloons and other fun party things for my mom.

Later that night, Mandi, Dave, their kids, Paul, I and our kids, went to dinner with my dad. It was a good birthday!












































1 comment:

Potters said...

I am glad you had a good birthday. The girls at the office are always good at making it a good one.