Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Monday, December 22, 2008

This weekend was CRAZY. We had a really good weekend but I am glad it is over. I had a billion and one things to do so it went SO fast. On Friday Kaiden had his sing-around at school at 1 so I left work to go to that. I LOVE going to Kaiden's school things and haven't missed one yet, but it gets a little crazy at times, especially if I am going from work to his school and back to work and home again. I knew that the storm was going to be coming and thought hard about just taking the rest of the day off but I still had tons to do, so Kaiden and I headed back to work after the program. Just before we were getting on the freeway I was talking to Paul and he hadn't been able to stop for lunch so Kaiden and I turned around and took him some pizza. I was So nervous that we were going to get caught in the big storm. I HATE driving when it's blowing and snowing. If I were the only car on the road it would be fine but since there are other cars driving on the road with me, I HATE IT!!

As we were leaving the job site Paul was on, THE STORM HIT. I so wanted to just drive home and forget about work but all my stuff was there and I had told my boss that I was coming back. SO, we raced back to Provo with the storm blowing right in behind us. I must have been complaining out loud or Kaiden overheard me on the phone because he was so cute and said, "Mom I would drive for you because I know it would make you feel better, but I can't" (I'm really not sure if that would have made me feel better, but that was cute that he thought that)

I wasn't sure if I was making him nervous by what I had been saying, so I told him that I could drive in the snow. It was just a lot harder and you had to pay a lot of attention to all the other cars.

No comments: