Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dad's birthday

This was my dad's second birthday that we have celebrated without him...it still seems like he should be here with us.  I think one of the things that makes me most sad is that Lainie will never know him.  I know she would have loved him and that he would have loved her...In my heart I think they do know each other though and that maybe they were even in heaven together...when my dad died and Lainie was waiting to be born.  I sometimes think that maybe dad might have had a little bit to do with how good of a baby Lainie is.  He might have asked God to please let her be a sweet, happy baby, that he wasn't sure if I had a lot of patience any more.  I just know that Lainie has been such a blessing in our family and little miracles happened because of her, my dad has to have something to do with her..(The pink balloons that we gave my mom last year on my dad's birthday, to tell her we were having a baby, still have air in them-crazy!)

we had a good night but it still sucks not to have my dad here.  I feel sad for my mom and brother's that they don't have their best friend here any more



No comments: