Paul, Kristen. Brayden, Kaiden, Akoy, Kove and Baby Lainie

Thursday, June 10, 2010

This is the house that Knight West Built....

Okay, I know my title is a little cheesy but this is the song (with the Knight West replacing Jack, for those that know the little rhyme) that has been running through my head the last few weeks. Our footings and foundations were poured really quickly after our house sold and then NOTHING, forever. When the framing started though, things started going soooo fast. Paul and I were even 2 weeks out on getting our front door when we were told that they needed it in the next FOUR DAYS!! So, we ran around trying to find a door and ended up lucking out with HomeDepotand being able to pick it up within a day of the framers needing it.

We were also really behind on picking out the lights, everything on the exterior of the house and flooring. I have been racing all over Utah County picking up samples of stucco, rock, shingles, soffit and facia (whatever that is) so Paul and I could look over them and pick out what we wanted. Who knew that building a house was soooo hard. We have had to make lighting decisions, down to where we want all the outlets and everything. I'm really not complaining, it's actually kind of neat thinking that we are really doing this. I just think someone else would probably know a lot better than me, which colors of soffit and facia match the shingles and garage door or if 6 can lights will be enough to light up our kitchen or whether or not the door should swing from the right or left. (Let's just hope that all the colors and decisions we've made all end up working out when it is all finished)

Here are pictures of how things have been progressing:











3 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh it looks so good. I am so happy for you and I am sure that everything will look beautiful when its's finished.

akagi79 said...

YEAH!!! It's coming right along!!!Can't wait to see it all finished!! With a new little girl living it!! LOL!!

Potters said...

Looks like your going to have a wonderful house. You have great taste so I am sure your house will be awesome.